Waiting on our little one....

 Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The year 2009

Well, for once in a VERY long time... I can't actually say "I hope this year will be better than the last." 2009 was such an amazing year for me. It was much needed, especially after all of the heartache and tragedy I had in endure at the end of 2008. On the way out to his parent's house for NYE, Dwight and I were discussing that there will never be another year in which we have SO MANY huge blessings. The beginning of the year was a little rocky, but it got much, much better! In July, I married the love of my life, had a beautiful wedding/honeymoon in Jamaica, and we bought our first home. In September, we found out we were expecting and in December we found out we were being blessed with a sweet little boy!! We have our two amazing daughters who get along so well and are so incredibly smart and beautiful. I was finally able to give Rylee a steady, wonderful home & she has made so many wonderful new friends. Dwight and I both love our in-laws so much and are creating such wonderful bonds with the new families that we have inherited.

Of course, we have had our share of tragedy again. Relationship issues, the death of Rylee's father and of another close friend of mine, having to leave my family and friends in Birmingham, and having to leave my job at Riverchase. However, each of these events have brought Dwight and me closer to each other. I honestly find myself falling more and more in love with him every day. It's such a wonderful feeling to spend every day with your best friend.

Now, that's not to say that I don't expect 2010 and beyond to be an amazing year. The MOST exciting event on the horizon is, of course, the addition of our sweet baby boy to our family. The level of excitement and anticipation Dwight and I feel about having Carter is so intoxicating. I simply cannot wait to see out handsome little fella and continue to pray daily for his health.

I hope that this year finds all of you showered with blessings, love and God's grace!

Much love!

No comments: