Waiting on our little one....

 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So much to do....

I am officially beginning to panic a little!! I have SO MUCH to do and don't know how I'm going to get it all done. Of course, I'm sitting here on the computer rather than being productive. As if venting about how much I have to do will lessen the load. Maybe it will at least help me organize my thoughts and make one of my famous "To Do Lists" that I can start checking off.

First of all.... there is the fact that we only have 17 more days of school (not that I'm complaining) and since I'm leaving after this year....I have a little extra work to do. The end of the year is always crazy with assessments, portfolios, cum folders, report cards, etc. Not to mention that the kids (and their teacher) are all suffering from an acute case of spring fever!! I also need to begin cleaning out my room, getting rid of things I no longer need, ORGANIZING what I do plan on keeping. With no clue of where I'm going to be working next year or even WHAT my occupation will be, there is certainly NO NEED to keep all the things I've accumulated over 8 years of teaching.

Speaking of moving.... I am FINALLY going to get to be with Dwight again when school is out. BUT I have no idea what we're doing about that either. We (he) are constantly changing our minds about buying, building, etc. It's not like there are many options in The Middle of Nowhere, AL! For those of you who don't know... I'm about to move to Edna, AL. Never heard of it? Didn't think so!! Let's put it this way.... I'm 35 minutes from the nearest Wal-Mart & 1 hr 15 minutes from the nearest Target. Talk about a change of pace... I used to live on 280!! So with the move comes registering Rylee for school, which I can't do by 5/1 like I'm supposed to b/c I don't know what my address will be, who our doctors will be, mom's place of employment (I really need to find a job), etc. I guess I COULD always just write TBA across the top of the registration form and give them my money. I'm sure that's what they want the most... I'm trying not to complain too much! At least I get to be with Dwight again & I trust him to make the right decisons for our family. EEK/WHEW!! I'm not in charge all alone anymore! It's altogether refreshing and scary to give up control and let someone else help me out for the first time in a long time!

And then... the wedding. I'm so super excited about getting married in Jamaica!!! Everything is just how I've always dreamed it would be!! Perfect, tropical location, man I love with all my heart, I love everything about it. Planning it has been super easy. Especially since it's just the two of us going. But now I'm working of fun little details like the container I want to use for the sand ceremony, decorations/topper for the cake, flower arrangement ideas, songs, etc. I also need to be working on a guest list for our party in August. It's all fun, but adds a little to my plate.

Well, at least I know that I perform best under pressure! Now, I'm going to go get started on some of this.... probably the fun wedding stuff. :0)

Much Love!

1 comment:

The Laney Family said...

i'll help with the fun...etching...i can't imagine you gone...but i know you will be happy..i can't even think about you leaving yet...